And so onto the global groups that I’m tracking or part of.
- Crisismappers: Crisismappers.net (and ICCM conferences), Humanity Road, Standby Task Force, Geeks without bounds.
- Mappers: open street map, grassroots mappers
- ICT4dev: IEEE Engineering for Change
- Open Data: Open Knowledge Foundation (and CKAN).
- Big data: data without borders
- Social innovation: Code4America, Mardi, iHub, km4dev
- Technologies: NextNet (building a distributed decentralized internet), W3C,
- Women in technology: Women in Technology, Girl Geeks, 85 Broads
- Innovations: British Library Entrepreneurs, 15inno, Startup Bus
This is only the start of a list that I’ll add to when I remember all the job-related groups that I’m involved in.